19 December 2012

'The Next Big Thing blog hop': My WIP


I’ve been tagged by Malla Duncan http://malladuncan.wordpress.com to join this blog hop.  So when you leave here, you might like to check out Malla’s blog.

The rules of the blog hop are simple: Answer ten questions about your WIP (Work in Progress) and tag five more writers/bloggers to do the same.  A chain of links will lead you to a forest of wonderful writers all busy creating new books for the hungry reading public.

It'll be interesting to see what everyone is working on. Here is my contribution to the chain.

What is the working title of your book?

“Once Upon A Lie”

 Where did the idea come from for your book?
  
Once Upon A Lie is the third book in the Fitzjohn Mystery Series and DCI Fitzjohn’s third case.  I love to read mysteries and try to solve the puzzle(s) so my aim with this book is to create a story that sends Fitzjohn on a paper-trail into a tangled web of deception, jealousy and greed that unravels the mystery surrounding the victim’s death.
  
What genre does your book fall under?

Police Procedural, Suspense, Cosy Mystery:  Set in Sydney, Australia
  
What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I’d have to give this some thought because I’ve never imagined this happening.  Fitzjohn is middle aged with a rotund shape so.  Does that mean I’d have to look for a plump actor?

What is the one sentence synopsis for your book?

Little did, businessman and entrepreneur, Michael Rossi know that the telephone call he answered on that fateful Friday would be the catalyst for his death, and the subsequent recovery of his body from the waters of Sydney Harbour the following morning.
  
Will your book be self published or represented by an agency?

I’ve been down the traditional publishing road so Once Upon A Lie will be self published.

How long did it take to write the first draft of your book?

My first draft took me about 5 months, mainly because the plot is rather complex.

What other books would you compare this story to other books within your genre?

Goodness, can I compare my book with Agatha Christie’s stories.  Or perhaps a more recent writer, Sarah Graves.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

By the time I’d finished writing my first book, The Celtic Dagger, I’d become so attached to Detective Chief Inspector Fitzjohn that I decided to make it a series.  Once Upon A Lie is the third book in that series.


What else about the book might pique the readers interest?

It probably would interest those who love a mystery without the gore.  My murder mysteries tend to be cosy with lots of suspense.

Blogs I’m tagging:-





4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading Once Upon A Lie because I enjoyed your first two mysteries so much...the blog hop sounds like fun and a great way to discover other authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Jill! I'm writing mine now and will release it on New Year's -- a great way to kick off the new year. Merry Christmas! Mike (M.G.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,I love it!!! I too have a Blog of The Next Big Thing! I am sharing the link to it! I hope you read it now. Thanks in advance!
    http://healingintheheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. Your blog is great and helpful to so many people. Best Wishes, Jill.

      Delete